Madison County Advertising
Farrar & Wood
Prominent Grain, Lumber and Coal Dealers
Lilly Chapel, Ohio
This firm is composed of Xerxes Farrar, of London, and Frank J. Wood, formerly of London, and both well-known business men of standing. Teh business was established in 1900, and was purchased of Paul Wood, but since his proprietorship, which included only the grain elevator, the lumber yards and hay barn have been added.
So that the business today is one of the largest in the county. Extensive buying of hay and grain is carried on, and the firm have large lumber interests that grow constantly. Salt, clover and other seeds, cement, plaster, coal and lime are dealt in. During the present spring more than 400 bushels of clover seed were sold. Mr. F. J. Wood moved to Lilly Chapel a few months ago, and now gives his personal attention to the business. Messrs. Farrar & Wood are both up-to-date business men, enjoying a large trade and the confidence of their customers.
From Madison Democrat 50th Anniversary
Published by the Madison Democrat, 1908