From History of Madison County, Ohio, Chester E. Bryan, Supervising Editor, B.F. Bowen & Co., Indianapolis (1915)
Gillivan is the only other town in Jefferson township beside the city of Jefferson (a history of the latter being presented elsewhere in this volume), although Glade Run is marked on the county map, but the latter is only a siding on the Pennsylvania railroad. This town was never platted and at present is nothing more than a cross roads village. The business interests of the town are taken care of by J. Beers, general merchandise; McCoy Brothers, hardware, and Gladstone Holloway, blacksmith. There are only six dwellings in the village, but as the town lies in the northern part of Jefferson township, with the nearest town five miles distant, the trade of the hamlet is rather good.
Back to Jefferson Township index