From History of Madison County, Ohio, Chester E. Bryan, Supervising Editor, B.F. Bowen & Co., Indianapolis (1915)
There are two small villages within the limits of Monroe township, Resaca and Plumwood. The former of these is located in the northeastern corner of the township and the latter in the south central part, about a mile from the Deer Creek township line.
Resaca was never platted and at present contains a population of some thirty persons. The business interests consist of two general stores, owned, respectively, by Roy Byerly and Pern Findley. Dr. J. M. Morse is the practicing physician of the village. Howard Lumbard runs a blacksmith shop and William Fenner, a poolroom. This little village is at the corner of four townships, namely, Canaan, Darby, Pike and Monroe, and the business interests of the town have a good country trade.
Back to Monroe Township index